SolutionsUpdate: A tool for reporting best known solutions
SolutionsUpdate is a tool to analyse and compare best known solutions for resource-constrained project scheduling, and is presented in the following paper:
- Vanhoucke, Mario; Coelho, José. 2018. "A tool to test and validate algorithms for the resource-constrained project scheduling problem", Computers & Industrial Engineering 118, 1: 251 - 265. doi: 10.1016/j.cie.2018.02.001
This paper builds further on previous papers on data generation and collection, such as the papers:
- Vanhoucke, M., Coelho, J., & Batselier, J. (2016). An overview of project data for integrated project management and control. Journal of Modern Project Management, 3(2), 6–21.
- Vanhoucke, M., Coelho, J., Debels, D., Maenhout, B., & Tavares, L. V. (2008). An evaluation of the adequacy of project network generators with systematically sampled networks. European Journal of Operational Research, 187(2), 511–524.
The tool can be downloaded (Windows and Mac): SolutionsUpdate.zip
In this tutorial, you will find 4 sections:
- Tutorial about the GUI version of the new tool (you also find some videos on YouTube about this GUI version)
- Tutorial about the command line version of the new tool (for advanced users)
- File format: The file format for the three files (dataset file, results file and instance file) and for the the syntax (the commands) of the new tool follos the well-known Backus Normal Form (BNF) format
- Tutorial how to use the merge the project networks of the MT set with the resource files of the ResSet into project instances with resources (i.e. the NetRes dataset).